Tuesday, December 30, 2008

splashes of SWITCH MAGAZINE( Nigerians' first poetry magazine)

Here are some poems.
BEYOND THE GUILTby legalpoetamaka
On my knees i went,
in holy fear.
Speechless i remained ,
as i gazed at your royal splendour.

My heart stood still,
while i awaited your judgement.
thin drops of sweat trickled down my long neck,
and my breath quickened in soft rhythms.


in anticipation, i waited in utmost silence,
the Lords judgement came so swift and gentle
he said,'he has looked beyond the guilt'
and with the sweetest smile dancing around his lips,
he breathe out freedom.

i stood up in grateful awe,
pinching myself in disbelief
my guilt vanished with a veil over her face,
and alas i knew sorrow no more.


PHILOSOPHY OF LOVE BY BUKKY BELLO.
Love has many facets,
you sure can't deny,
love of my past,
love of my present,
love of my future,
not comparable.
though i did learn,
everyone has three loves,
a first love,
a last love,
a lost love,
they too are not comparable.

No comments: